Title: Warehouse Manager (Blalock Location)
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Department: Resale Store
Employment Status: Full time, Exempt
MAM’s Resale Store was established in 1983 as a core aspect of its programming. The purpose of the store is to provide income for MAM client programs. In any given year, 50% of the store revenues provide funds for programs at MAM. Additionally, the store is the venue for distribution of no-cost items to clients who are enrolled in service programs at MAM. These clients shop with vouchers issued by their service provider and purchase necessary items like clothing, shoes, and household goods. MAM Resale also contracted with the city of Houston and Harris County to provide Community Service Workers (CSW) a place to serve.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Warehouse. This includes all aspects of operations including donation receiving, sorting, quality control, pricing and ensuring the retail store remains stocked with desired merchandise. The Warehouse Manager supervises all staff and volunteers associated with the warehouse to ensure they are professionally trained, scheduled, and working together as a team to meet retail store needs. They report directly to the VP of Operations and collaborate with that VP to develop and implement procedures and processes to improve operating efficiencies and enhance sales.
People Leadership - ensuring work is completed and goals are met through staff and volunteers
· Providing support and training to supervisors to effectively utilize volunteers
· Conducting regular meetings with relevant staff and volunteers
· Ensuring volunteers are professionally trained
· Managing and evaluating performance of warehouse staff
· Coaching and developing staff to achieve success in their roles
· Ensuring staff and volunteers feel supported and appreciated
Inventory and Workflow Management - understanding the daily logistics of the warehouse; managing all aspects of donated items to insure steady flow of high-quality merchandise to retail store.
· Collaborating with the VP of Operations to develop effective strategies, systems, and processes
· Supporting the VP of Operations with the implementation of new initiatives
· Providing day-to-day oversight of warehouse operations
· Monitoring and confirming operational continuity
· Ensuring effective quality control processes are implemented and followed
· Implementing appropriate merchandise pricing procedures and ensuring they are followed
· Maximizing warehouse space utilization
· Ensuring merchandise is prepped and ready for group volunteer events
· Ensuring warehouse meets all fire code and other safety standards
Personnel Scheduling and Communication - creating an environment that emphasizes effective communication and teamwork between staff and volunteers; ensuring workforce needs are met
· Serving as liaison between retail store and warehouse
· Collaborating with retail store personnel to understand their needs
· Communicating relevant changes in retail store and warehouse to staff and volunteers
· Communicating current information about retail store needs to warehouse personnel so that those needs can be efficiently met
· Providing volunteer oversight by working closely with volunteer coordinator and department chairs
· Completing daily work schedules for warehouse staff and volunteers
· Handling issues and questions related to payroll and PTO with HR Director collaboration.
· Commitment to the MAM mission
· Bilingual – Spanish and English
· Prior experience in warehouse management
· Ability to work with a variety of people including volunteers and Community Service workers
· Ability to work without direct supervision
· Must have reliable use of a smartphone to be able to clock in and out when working off site
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Five plus years of supervisor experience
• Regularly required to talk or hear
· Regularly is required to stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, use keyboard, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Required to have the ability to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds
• Required to remain at their workstation for prolonged periods of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions/ Work Environment:
• Primary work location is a climate-controlled indoor warehouse, but regularly requires working outside in a variety of weather conditions such as cold, rainy, heat, etc.
• Flexibility for travel related to job requirements
• Provide own reliable transportation with proof of valid driver’s license and TX minimum requirements of auto insurance