Job Title: STEP Employment Program
Specialist Department: Employment Services Program
Reports To: STEP Employment Program Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time (40 hrs.), Exempt
Impact Statement: The STEP Employment Specialist works closely with Getting Ahead, Employment Services, and Financial Education programs to ensure that clients who are actively engaged in the program and follow through with the process have access to financial assistance services to help them achieve their goals of self-sufficiency. In this role, the STEP Specialist assists clients in setting realistic goals that can be completed in three months and helps by motivating, coaching, providing intensive support, and follow-up throughout the process.
• Recruits qualified clients for Getting Ahead and the STEP Employment Programs.
• Ensures all clients in Getting Ahead and STEP Employment Programs set appropriate, measurable goals.
• Works closely with the supervisor to review and evaluate outcomes and program budget to ensure that funds are efficiently managed.
• Ensures that clients follow through by providing continuous follow-ups throughout the process.
• Processes the financial assistance checks on time and enters all required touchpoints in ETO.
• Tracks Getting Ahead clients’ attendance weekly and ensures all attendance touchpoints are completed in ETO.
• Processes weekly e-gift card incentives for Getting Ahead participants.
• Processes stipend payments for the Getting Ahead participants.
• Ensures all required data is gathered and recorded in both ETO and the physical files.
• Documents all client efforts and outcomes.
• Works one-on-one with clients; motivates, educates, supports, and guides them to meet their personal goals and commitments to MAM.
• Conducts long-term follow-ups with clients to track their progress.
• Works cooperatively and builds effective relationships with staff at MAM to increase intentional bundling of services.
• Works hand in hand with the Financial Education Program to ensure clients get Financial Coaching services.
• Works with the Client Services Navigator to assist clients with additional resources and services within and outside MAM.
• At least two years of experience with case management or one-on-one coaching.
• Willingness to engage directly with clients from all levels of society, to listen empathetically, and persuasively suggest corrective courses of action; ability to embrace the concept of getting their hands “dirty” in the day-to-day work of helping clients.
• Demonstrates an extremely elevated level of emotional intelligence and ability to adjust one's own approach to accommodate the needs of others. 8/30/2022
• Strong interpersonal skills at both the individual and group level; precisely, the ability to listen empathetically to clients and suggest corrective courses of action; AND the ability to create and deliver presentations before groups of clients and volunteers
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and finish what started. • Intermediate skills in Office 365.
• Fluent in English (read, write, speak, and understand).
• Commitment to the MAM mission. * Remote Working Conditions/ Work Environment:
• May work remotely up to 60% of the time each week in virtual coaching, setting goals, processing checks, providing intensive follow-ups and data entry on the ETO database
• May work on-site 40% or more each week for face-to-face client meetings, collecting required documents, and printing documents for client files.
• Will be required to work some evenings and weekends, which will be planned.
• Primary work location is a climate-controlled indoor office environment.
• Flexibility for travel related to job requirements.
• Provide reliable transportation with proof of valid driver’s license and TX minimum auto insurance requirements.