Title: Resale Store Associate/ Pricer / Cashier Part Time
Department: Resale Store
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Employment Status: part-time, non-exempt
MAM’s Resale Store was established in 1983 as a core aspect of its programming. The purpose of the store is to provide income for MAM client programs. In any given year, 50% of the store revenues provide funds for programs at MAM. Additionally, the store is the venue for distribution of no-cost items to clients who are enrolled in service programs at MAM. These clients shop with vouchers issued by their service provider and purchase necessary items like clothing, shoes, and household goods. MAM Resale also contracted with the city of Houston and Harris County to provide Community Service Workers (CSW) a place to serve.
The Resale Store Associate has responsibility for receiving donated merchandise, Merchandise stocking, scheduling donation pickups. Associates ensure that customers and clients are served in a friendly and timely manner.
Handles all incoming calls for donation pick up and schedules drivers. Create a telephone environment that encourages donor calls and contributions.
Communicates with the Resale Store Manager, other employees, volunteers, and community service volunteers routinely regarding resale operations.
Assures that all MAM grounds are properly cared for including cutting grass, trimming shrubs, weeding beds, etc.
Clears trash from parking areas and grounds.
Answers donation door and helps unload donated goods from cars or other vehicles. Takes donations to quick sort area.
Packs unsold items for storage or shipment as requested.
Performs other duties as assigned including working in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods
· Previous experience with resale, thrift, or warehouse tasks
· High school diploma or GED required
· Bilingual in English and Spanish (read, write, speak, and understand)
· Ability to lift heavy merchandise and stand for extended periods of time is required
· Commitment to the MAM mission
· Ability to work in a variety of working conditions such as both indoor and outdoor environments
· Problem solving skills; ability to anticipate needs and demonstrate critical thinking
· Demonstrated ability to work with people from all social classes and treat them with dignity and respect
Ability to prioritize tasks and communicate with a variety of workers including court assigned community service workers, volunteers, and work groups
· Flexibility to occasionally work in the evening and/or on weekends to support or attend meeting events of or on behalf of MAM
Regularly required to talk or hear
Regularly is required to stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, squat, bend, use keyboard, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
Required to have the ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Required to remain at their workstation for prolonged periods of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions/ Work Environment:
· Primary work location is a climate-controlled indoor warehouse, but regularly requires working outside in a variety of weather conditions such as cold, rainy, heat, etc.
· Flexibility for travel related to job requirements
· Provide own reliable transportation with proof of valid driver’s license and TX minimum requirements of auto insurance