Title: Resale Associate – Warehouse
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Department: Resale Store Employment Status: Part-Time or Full-time, Non-exempt Impact Statement: Our associates ensure that our customers leave the MAM Resale Shop knowing they have had a friendly experience while generating up to 50% of the store revenues to provide funds for programs at MAM. Additionally, the store is the venue for distribution of no-cost items to clients who are enrolled in our service programs using vouchers issued by their service provider to purchase necessary items to help get them back on their feet. Responsibilities / Duties:
· Works at least 50% of the time in the warehouse taking donations, preparing donations for sale, and moving product to the floor. Some lifting is involved. · Professional oral and written communication · Demonstrate ability to work with people from all levels of society and treat everyone with dignity and respect · Has reliable transportation to and from work (personal or public) · Creates a customer focused environment working with our customers, clients, and donors · Assists customers with questions on the sales floor · Operates the cash register to process customers at the check-out · Professional oral and written communication · Ability to collaborate with co-workers, volunteers, and Community Service Workers · Demonstrate ability to work with people from all levels of society and treat everyone with dignity and respect · Works closely with resale staff to maintain stock levels by sorting, processing, and pricing merchandise
Qualifications: · Commitment to the MAM Mission · Ability to work with a diverse variety of people, including volunteers and those working community service, coworkers, managers, and customers · Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish (read write speak, and understand) to communicate with our customers, clients, and donors are preferred but not required. · Demonstrates flexibility in ability to work an altered work schedule as required to include evenings or weekends · Experience with retail, thrift, or warehouse tasks · Demonstrated accuracy on cash register and related duties · Excellent organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills · Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy · Ability to work without direct supervision · Reliable use of a smartphone
Education and Experience:
· Required - High school or GED graduate; will utilize math and reading/writing skills
· Two + years working as a cashier
· Two + years working in a warehouse environment preferred but not required
· Regularly required to stand for extended periods, walk, and sit forextended periods.
· Regularly required to stand for extended periods, walk, and sit for extended periods. merchandise, tools, or controls, and reaches with hands and arms.
· Must be able to hear and communicate verbally with customers and co-workers.
· Ability to lift to thirty pounds without assistance and with assistance for heavier weights.
· Works primarily indoors, but continually works outdoors in all seasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions/ Work Environment:
· Primary work location is a climate-controlled resale store, but regularly requires working outside in a variety of weather conditions such as cold, rainy, heat, etc.
· Provide your own reliable transportation with proof of valid driver’s license and TX minimum requirements of
Remote Working Conditions/ Work Environment:
· Primary work location at MAM. Under specific conditions, such as if the shop is closed due to issues such as weather or pandemic conditions, this position may perform certain duties remotely. These tasks will be discussed and determined at the time to meet business needs.
o Sorting items
o cleaning items such as silver, glass, etc.
o Pricing items
o Posting items on MAM Resale Online Store
o Hosting Live Sales
MAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.